Re: Building/modifying sailing kayak?
I've looked at most, but don't find Sail, Windsurfer, Kayak combined.
Obviously each is a very different craft, but maybe the combination is not impossible.
Is the following a good order of design criteria?
Features and Uses in order of importance.
1) Full Flotation safety ( Shape from foam billet like surfboards are.)
Laminate in several Spline/Trusses for longitudinal strength.
2) Kayak paddling primary use ( to make sure you can get home.)
3) Sail skiff ( Easier to sail sitting than standing)
4) Wind surfer ( Fun, and I like the "going along" while "Standing up " feeling.
( Wider beam for sailing = lower performance (more stable) wind surfer)
5) Rigging quick and easy adaptable between Sail and Wind Surfer.
( How to vary SA for uses and Wind speed? This is a real quandary. )
6) Self storing of all components. Easily - Simple ?
7) Flush-Deck Hatches easy fittable, detachable, connected (don't float away)
8) CB and mast step movable along CL to balance CLE and CLR.
9) CarTop easy load and unload. What maximum weight target?
10) Would be nice to have a Cockpit that would allow stretching out for a snooze, ( but maybe that would be stretching it?)
11) This isn't a high performance craft, but would be good for weekend voyaging, so storage should be considered.
12) Fishing Rod management? ( Adapt or custom?)
((((Obviously, Cup Holders are essential ?))))
( Sounds like the only thing left out is the "kitchen sink", and all the ideas may be too ambitious? I've done a hand sketch that seems to work, and will post when I convert to a CAD drawing. )