SailNet Community - View Single Post - Collision: Bad News and Good News
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012

fendertweed is on a distinguished road
Re: Collision: Bad News and Good News

I missed the entire 2011 season because my neighbor across the fairway passed out on Mem Day from heatstroke and rammed his SeaRay 34 into Catalyst... luckily a glancing blow on the port bow (it just missed being a full head-on) so no holes in the hull, but 4 holes in deck where stanchion bases punched through, bow pulpit bent/ruined, and furler foil bent, 1 bow chock and port running light destroyed & holes in deck to repair there, rub rail, &c. (~$7,500) ....

He was highly embarrassed, but at least his boat was fixed in a few weeks, mine wasn't til mid -November.

at least I now know my deck core at the bow under the stanchions is in better shape than in years (Coosa composite pads installed) & w/ new backing plates the bow pulpit's an improvement too, and I have 2 new running lights with clear lenses (LED bulbs to come I think) and new rub rail.

And they sure don't make them like they used to, the bow on the P26 is very stout, not a mark or sign of any damage on the hull itself.
Still sucks, but yes, worse things could happen (my neighbor's lucky he didn't injure his daughter, who was on the bow of the SeaRay).

Good luck getting yours fixed & on the way again,
Jon

Pearson 26 #1200

Last edited by fendertweed; 05-06-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook