SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cooling the boat
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Cooling the boat

i use green plastic tarps, and i have a screen in green which needs refit, as was from a 47 ft sloop and i have a 41 ft ketch. usually i use 3 layers of these green plastic tarps and the boat stays cool.
dont leave any of the surface uncovered as sun bake sit badly. tarps prevent oxidation by sun baking, and keeps air flow good -- even act as a wind scoop if you figure your wind direction and coverage. for rain i use a huge silver over brown tarp--those shed silver stuff and only last one season here.
i also have canvas and screen finally finished...i just need window/port screens for bugs now.
\i dont have pix as my transfer mechanism died and i need to find a new universal card reader for that function. those items are difficult to find in mexico, for some reason....i love the lowlife look i achieve with these plastic things covering my boat...LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41,ahoomail cruising

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook