SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kent narrows vs. around Kent Island
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: Kent narrows vs. around Kent Island

Whats the draft of your vessel?

We have transited the narrows many times with no issues, but we only draw 4'. I think you have the right idea though...do Eastern Bay and under the bay bridge on the way down, and the narrows on the way back. Keep in mind the current in the narrows can be pretty quick, add waiting for the draw bridge to open and the traffic, it can be exhilarating. Be sure to call the bridge tender to get right of way info if you're unsure. The bridge opens on the half hour BTW.

I am not much for staying in marinas if there is room to anchor, and there is near St Michaels. If you want to be out of the harbor, anchor off Parrott Point on the Miles. You could go inside the harbor and drop the hook off the Maritime Museum or The Inn at Perry's Cabin, we have done this many times in the off season. Another option as wingNwing suggest, San Domingo Creek on the "back side" of St Michaels. Another, I have never been, but Leeds Creek is an option if you have a dingy. Should also mention there is a water taxi service, not sure when their season starts though?

Good luck

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by T37Chef; 05-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook