SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI's must see
Thread: BVI's must see
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Re: BVI's must see

This has been covered pretty extensively here, and you'll get alot of different takes.

I'll offer you my must do list: If you go counter clockwise around Tortola.

Baths for the 1st morning ( take the dinghy to the dinghy mooring and swim ashore) .
If it's a little rough, remember to bring a life jacket for any less than confident swimmers.

Then on to Virgin Gorda and the Bitter end. The english pub is a good spot for a burger and a beer.

Then around the Island to Cane Garden Bay.. Great beach, Myetts makes a nice Pain Killer.
( if there's a big swell going, save this for a better day) and tie up the dinghy carefully.

Then Across to Jost Van Dyke and Foxy's or do the above visa versa.

Then back through the cut to Sopher's Hole, get water, fuel, Let the ladies shop.

Then head over to Norman island stop by the caves 1st and do some snorkeling
( grab a mooring there) Then into the Bay for the night.

I think I left a day in there...to explore another island along that route.

We like hiking to the top of all the islands ( it's really a walk)

I suggest trying to get on your evening mooring by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. After that you'll find yourself with a longer dinghy ride....which isn't the end of the world..after all you're in paradise.

If you feel adventurous and the weather is right you could head to Anagada after the Virgin Gorda and the Bitter end. if you do, get there early to grab a mooring and keep a close eye on the entrance. The lobster is a must.

Have a blast!

Last edited by Tempest; 05-08-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook