SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbie w/a project already!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012

GeoGoddess is on a distinguished road
Newbie w/a project already!

Hi all,
I've just been into sailing for the past 2 years and am finally taking my first bareboat charter this June in SW Florida, from St. Pete down to the Keys (conditions permitting). I took ASA 104/106 last summer in St. Pete and sailed as far as going under the bascule bridge at Ana Maria Island (fun, I got to sail circles waiting for bridge up in the midst of powerboats), and then anchoring inside Egmont Key. What a tease! Now, I'd like to explore the neighborhood further.

In advance of my trip, I'm compiling a list of restaurants that offer tie-ups to boaters. I will be collecting lat/long, depth, dockage description, dining experience and any other relevant data for each restaurant. This information will then be made freely available to the boating community in a highly usable format. If you have info to share that would make the resource more useful to all, please contact me via email at: saraburns2000 AT yahoo DOT com
For those of you who provide specific info (name of restaurant, depth info, etc.) I will be thanking you through PM so as not to extend the thread with gratitudinous excess. Thanks for your attention.

Cross-posted to Cruiser's Forum and Cruiser's Net.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook