SailNet Community - View Single Post - Restaurants w/tie-ups - Creating List
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Restaurants w/tie-ups - Creating List

Cabbage Key South of Charlotte Harbor. Good restaurant. Bring a dollar bill to hang on the wall.

Fort Myers Beach - Several. My favorite may be the restarant just before the bridge on your stbd side as you enter (Nervous Nellies). You cna grab a slip there. If you go inside, take the north route (hang a left) and eat at the touristy Doc Fords. If you take a right, you can eat at Mantanzass, but not as good I think as Doc Fords. Doc Fords closes down for the summer sometimes, FYI, but Mantanzas does not. You can also tie up there (better buy a drink) and take a walk to the SOB (Smoking Oysters Brewery). Pretty good and usually a live band. There are many others places there if you want to chat about it, but if you tie up around there, you are in the FMB strip and open to lots of stuff and touristy walks. If you have a dink, forget tying up and just grab a ball in the mooring field. The public dinghy dock is on the S side under the bridge.

Marathon. Well, most people grab a ball and go from there. That is what I would suggest. THere is a great beer and burger joint as you come in on the port side (I cannot remember the name) but it is the first 2 story restaurant when you enter after Marathon Marina. They sell gas too. On the canal right before that is a really good sea food restaurant if you take that first canal and it is at the corner. Also, at Marathon Marina (first marina on your left) they have a awesome happy hour and as they look west, good place to watch the sun set over the water.

Well, that's a good start. As far as key west, well, you are really on your own. I would stay in a marina and walk it. Too much to tell. It is roudy, fyi, after nightfall on the strip. But all good if you dont have kids.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook