SailNet Community - View Single Post - Real feedback on iPad Apps - Navigation/CharPlotter
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Real feedback on iPad Apps - Navigation/CharPlotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I used Charts and Tides for the first time during a two week cruise in Maine last year. It was the most helpful tool I've ever had for cruising. I only intended to use the gps driven chartplotting device as a backup and, sure enough, I needed it. My onboard chartplotter went nutty on me while trying to snake out of the unmarked seal cove. I pulled it out and it worked great. In fact, I then realized that its fine detail is better than my Raymarine, so I now use it for all close quarter unfamiliar ops. I still use the Raymarine for open water.

The active captain database was extraordinarily helpful in finding moorings, anchorages, etc.

Couldn't live without it now.
Yes
Charts and Tides for AC is no brainer. It is inexpensive and AC data is priceless. I am downloading it now.

I also bought one of this to give my iPad some accidental water invasion protection.
Amazon.com: iOttie Waterproof Skin Case Cover Pouch for The New iPad, iPad 2 Multi Purpose Protective Skin for Underwater Activity, Fishing, Ski, Snowboarding, Sand-Proof, Dustproof, Bath Tub: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: iOttie Waterproof Skin Case Cover Pouch for The New iPad, iPad 2 Multi Purpose Protective Skin for Underwater Activity, Fishing, Ski, Snowboarding, Sand-Proof, Dustproof, Bath Tub: Cell Phones & Accessories

I look forward for some cool inexpensive AIS receiver (BT) in a year or so.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook