Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Closing seacocks
Below the waterline:
1. Washdown intake - Tee'd to another intake
2. Port galley sink drain - Above the waterline
3. Starboard galley sink drain- Above the waterline
4. Starboard deck drains- Above the waterline
5. Port deck drains- Above the waterline
6. Starboard cockpit drain (with seat drain)- Above the waterline
7. Port cockpit drain- Above the waterline
8. Main engine cooling inlet - Closed every time I leave boat
9. Generator cooling inletClosed every time I leave boat
10. Generator cooling outletAbove the waterline
11. Head sink drainAbove the waterline
12. Head inlet - Freshwater
13. Head outletClosed when less than 3 miles out
14. A/C cooling inlet Closed every time I leave boat
Above the waterline:
OK to leave open.
15. Forward A/C outlet
16. Aft A/C outlet
17. Main bilge
18. High bilge
19. Manual bilge
20. Shower sump
21. Generator dry exhaust
22. Main engine wet exhaust
23. Diesel heater exhaust
I'm on the boat most of the day almost every day. I carefully inspect the hoses and cycle the valves quarterly. That's working for me.
If it don't need to be below waterline eliminate it, if it does, then locate near a hatch so you can close it.
The Sun has Risen on a New Day filled with the Promise of Adventure.