SailNet Community - View Single Post - Guitar or Other Instrument Players
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Guitar or Other Instrument Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNOOL View Post
25+ years playing guitar, I still stink. I have 4 guitars total. 1 all acoustic (Washburn D10, 2 elec-acoustic (an Epiphone PR5e, and a Martin 000-CXEBlack), and 1 all elect (fender strat squire junk).

I love my Martin, it follows me everywhere. It's small (parlor size). I chord crunch mostly. I don't leave it on the boat for fear I'll ruin it. It's not a "true" Martin in the traditional sense, but it's the nicest I've owned.

I play modern country stuff, but mostly of classic rock... I try not to foist my voice, or guitar playing onto anyone. Most people are at the dock to relax. If music ain't your thing it can grate on you (as likely my voice does too).

Alcohol tends to curb my better judgement, and I've been known to "interrupt" silence with my poor quality tunes.
Great post! I have the same issue with vocals. My wife has the voice of an angel. I actually think she could be pro. Me on the other hand, well, it ain't pretty. Course, a few drinks and it doesn't matter (feeding others drinks, that is)

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook