SailNet Community - View Single Post - Guitar or Other Instrument Players
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012

CaptFoolhardy is on a distinguished road
Re: Guitar or Other Instrument Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I'm a drummer. But it's really hard to bring a 14 piece kit on the boat. I also play the guitar a bit, but mostly chord stuff...not a picker.
Wow Smack, 14 pieces. That's impressive. It rivals a drummer I used to play with, but if you're counting cymbals too I think he has a slight edge. He has as many cymbals as drums, plus a set of crotales and a gong! (he's also a Peart/Bozzio/et al fan though surprisingly not Bruford who is one of my faves).

Myself, I started on guitar and switched to bass when I was 19. I've played both in different bands but for a long time considered myself a bass player. I gave up playing in bands when my daughter (now a college freshman) was born. Since then I have been playing mostly acoustic guitar and have become somewhat accomplished at finger-picking.

Like you Smack, jazz, fusion, progressive rock, singer songwriter stuff, plus a heaping helping of stuff most people will actively avoid listening to, like they play in the middle of the night on my favorite radio station.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook