SailNet Community - View Single Post - Guitar or Other Instrument Players
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Guitar or Other Instrument Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Brian, the keyboard is a Yamaha PSR-3000 (no batteries) that originally sold for about $1,500. A lot of them look the same from the back side, but there's a world of difference on the front side, which some folks think that with all the controls looks like a space shuttle instrument panel.

As for where the other hand is placed, I'll never tell!

When I get to the Keys, Marathon will be my home base for a couple reasons. First and foremost, Marathon caters more to the older crowd, which is where I tend to fit in best. (I'm an old codger.) Most of the music I perform is from the 1950s through the mid 1980s, which is too old for the Key West crowd down on Duvall Street. Though I did play in Captain Tony's Bar once, the crowd was older, and by the end of the night I had a Congo line going round the room and snaking outside while playing and singing Hot, Hot, Hot. Those folks sure put a lot of booze through their systems that night.

Marathon has changed a lot over the years, some investors are pouring tons of money into the town, the old Faro Blanco Resort has been turned into a vacant lot and I've been told that a massive, upscale hotel and marina will be built there over the next three years. The restaurants all have music during the winter months, and some have as many as three bands a day with the music beginning at 3 p.m. and lasting until midnight. Lots of work for quality entertainers.

I'm negotiating with two locations right now, a bit of horse trading in the form of a free slip, water and electricity for two nights performance in the Tiki Bar. That will allow me to wheel my gear from the boat to the bar and not need to call a taxicab to get there. For sure, the equipment will NOT be transported in the dinghy--just too risky.

Cheers,

Gary
You are absolutely right. Good for you in Marathon. I will keep an eye (or 8) out for ya. Not doing the Hot-Hot-Hot though...

Now if this fellow can play Eroica on his Yamaha, I want to hear it from you...

If that is too hard, just stick with Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit .

Cant wait to hear it... (just kidding of course).

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook