SailNet Community - View Single Post - Guitar or Other Instrument Players
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Guitar or Other Instrument Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I have stacks of guitars, but I have been at it a while. My present go to axe is a Gibson JS200 jumbo accoustic. It's a honey but it took a while to get usedto the size of it after my Martin OM-28. Not sure whicj one I prfer and they are both a kick to play. But Elvis played a J200 so I kind of like it.

Here's a pic of me at 18 playing my beautiful Gibson Super 400. I don't have that axe anymore but my hair is still exactly the same.

For a boat guitar I take my 1964 Guild D-50. It's kind of big but it's been through the wars with me and its sounds fantastic. It fits nicely on my quarter berth.
The size of the Gibsons is a killer. I nearly bought a Songwriter - slimer and smaller body in general. Kindof a cross between a Martin and Gibson, but didn't like the blend in sound and I never have been a fan of that finish they put on their necks. THe Martin and Taylor finish is a lot faster. Course, lots of people disagree with me. Guess that's why guitars are like recliners...

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook