SailNet Community - View Single Post - Runaway Yanmar 2qm15 HELP!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Re: Runaway Yanmar 2qm15 HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiz View Post
You guys are great troubleshooters! However a truly seasoned mechanic would ask the the most relevant questions first. Which should be..........wait for it........ "are you Polish by chance?" which I would respond "why yes I am! How did you know?" Because you have a 2 cylinder engine and you have a 50/50 chance of getting TDC right. Which would be the flywheel side and not the front you idiot!

Yeh I haven't verified it yet but I aligned timing marks on the crank gear with the cam gear based on forward cylinder being #1. It's the rear (flywheel cylinder)! Feeling really stupid at this point but to my defense the Yanmar manual only mentions the TDC orientation once in the entire manual and it's buried inside a paragraph in the middle of the book! I have to say that I have a new new found respect for Yanmar's if they would even start in this scenario! Let you know how it turns out this weekend. Thank god Paul is in California he can't come down to Miami to kick my Ars for waisting 2 two hours of his life!!!
Miamiz & Faster, thanks. I hope that is the problem, easy to fix. It is amazing to me that it would even run that way, let alone run up to 3,500 RPM. Not a waste of time at all, one can always learn from other's experiences. Let us know how it works out.

Paul T
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook