SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1972 O'Day Mariner 19 (or old Rhodes 19)
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1972 O'Day Mariner 19 (or old Rhodes 19)

I am falling in love with my 1972 O'day Mariner 2+2 all over again. the new companionway doors made out of oak skinned 1/2" Plywood and used an aluminum eaves vent with a screen backing as the vent, stained it with teak oil looks great and is repelling water. purchased an porta potty as there is supposed to be one on the boat. the running and anchor light work great with vintage toggle switches. Plan to install a new sink faucett and find a plastic or aluminum basin to fit in the depression for the sink, will run tubing to the space behind the porta potty to a disposable water dispenser so that the water can be used to rinse hands, wet a towel, wash out a cup, or get a drink. there is also an ice box and room for 4 to sleep. I installed a 5 light led that is supposed to burn for 100,000 hours to roof just aft of the mast support it rotates and the lense tilts so that the light can be pointed where ever it is needed at night. there are two wood coaming shelves on either side of the cabin. Will install a compass. shaping up this 21' boat has been a snap. I am also looking for a 4.5hp motor which would be perfect. To make it look really good I could paint inside and out, and do some needed maintenance on the centerboard. Great boat, roomy cockpit and is wonderful to sail. I am really thrilled that doing this cost so little.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook