SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1972 O'Day Mariner 19 (or old Rhodes 19)
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1972 O'Day Mariner 19 (or old Rhodes 19)

Just ordered the Whale flipper MK4 Faucet to cover the hole that has been there next to the sink since 1991 when I purchased the boat, have been musing over painting the interior with a white enamel gloss except where the laminated fiberglass is, and the hull, topsides are really fine, I mean the boat is in pretty good shape for a 40 year old boat, that is the benefit of having the boat on a trailor most of the time. I will carry my little speaker that plugs into my Ipod for music, be able to releive myself, and to wash my hands or get some water. little things that make sailing better and more enjoyable. I am going to purchase about 5' of 1/2" tubing and connect it to a 5 gallon plastic water container, the water will add ballast and I can lift it out and empty it when the sail is over to keep the tank good for drinking water. The Johnson Sailmaster 9.9 will not fire up, the electric start turns the motor over, gas is spilling out of the carburetor, filter and plugs are clean. can't figure it out will have to wait for a pro, probably something simple?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook