SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012

Mr W is on a distinguished road
Re: B&r 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
This is a very light boat even considering that is quite naked in the interior.
Regarding interior, here´s what Jimmy says: "Since it is primarily a cruiser the boat is fully furnished, albeit in light sandwich, with berths in both the saloon, forward cabin and aft and three closets in addition to storage space under all berths. There are also sea berths in the saloon and aft to get good sleep for long passages. Galley is large with fridge, stove, oven, etc. Otherwise, the boat is furnished with a table (not a given in today's performance-oriented boats) as well as toilet and heater to make life more pleasant."

Quote:
Regarding going downwind with 11K wind is to be expected similar results but with wind over 13/14 K I am pretty sure the B&R will be faster. With 11K the boats will not be able to plane.
Actually wind speed was 12 knots, boat speed downwind was 11 knots.

Quote:
I have said already that I think that it is time to have on IRC a penalty for the “dead weight” on the side of the boat. The rating of the boat should in my opinion be different depending on the crew number.
I couldn´t agree more. I would like to see that under the swedish handicap system as well.

It´s a shame only one boat was built, but it appears to have been a bit expensive at the time. Having a Marström carbon fiber mast, water ballast and 3m swing keel in the mid 90s on a cruising boat might be one explanation to why it was expensive... That rig is really something!

//Mr W
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook