SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noordzee View Post
Hi Paulo,

My sincere apologies for the Italian, won't happen again.

I remember now that we used the gennaker (a loaner, not mine) of the final stretch to our home port on delivery. We had about 6 knots of wind and we did 7-8 knots.

and indeed faster than the wind.

Thanks very much for the congratulations. I am wondering did make a decision about which boat you wanted to buy? And if so, what did you choose?

(apologies if I missed that somewhere here in the tread)

Regards, Eric
Hi Eric! The Salona 38 would have been the boat I would have chosen if my money had not come a bit short.

There was some story about not paying VAT that did not went well (nothing to do with Salona but with a change in the EC law) and in the end after all being agreed, including some mods that they utilized later on the 35 and I think also now on the 38, I had not the money for the top specification Salona I wanted and even a standard 38 would be stretching too much my budget.

I opted for an used boat, a boat that in its design principles is not far away from a Salona. It is also a substantially more expensive boat when new and I would never give the extra money for a new one comparing with a Salona, but I found one from 2007 in very good condition at a fair price, a bit less than what I was to pay for the Salona 38 I wanted, I mean, without VAT

The boat is a Comet 41. I have already posted about it and you can see it here:

Interesting Sailboats

I will only be the full owner of the boat at 18/6 and I will only be on the water a week later...but then I am going away for 4 months or so. I will leave this thread to the care of Mr G, Mr W, Chimbatete, Eric, Faster, Nemier and all that have been posting and enjoying this thread: I will be sailing and seldom will have internet so it is a bit like....I will be back in the winter

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook