SailNet Community - View Single Post - Semco Teak Sealer
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road
Re: Semco Teak Sealer

I use Semco on my caprail. I like it quite a lot but you do have to re-apply every 3-4 months (likely 1-2 months in FL) to keep it looking good, but application is really easy, just rub it on with a sponge or a rag.

The reason I chose it was because of a statement in Practical Sailor that if you let it go and don't re-apply, it dissolves into nothing. It just kind of disappears. To me this is a good thing because it saves me the trouble of removing the old stuff if I go through a busy or lazy period and can't keep it up.

After two seasons, I would say Practical Sailor is right, when the stuff wears away, there isn't much left. If you look closely in the wood grain, you can see some of the pigment remaining but it is nowhere near as bad as anything you would have to sand off. It's mostly like powder. I only applied it once last year in the spring and there is still a little color left, so I'm reasonably pleased.
Downeaster 38 #40

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook