SailNet Community - View Single Post - Charley Noble, tankless water heater vent
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Charley Noble, tankless water heater vent

I'd suggest you use the pipe listed on their site. Most types of natural draft gas units need a tee to vent to first. That way water won't enter the unit but will drop down in the tee. You won't be able to use pvc to vent it. the exhaust temp will be too high because the ez 101 is NOT a condensing type gas unit it's afue rating would be low. Also there are no afue ratings on the site.

I don't like this statement in the "green" section of the site.

EZ Tankless on demand water heaters are very competitively priced. When bringing our products to market we knew that we had a green product, but knew that most people would not be prepared to purchase an environmentally and energy efficient product if it was several times more expensive than the existing technology. We knew that the cost of a replacement storage tank water heater is generally between $400 and $700. Part of our business plan was to bring to market a product which sold at around these prices. Naturally we did not want a product built to a price point, so we built the highest quality product we could, using the highest quality materials, and did other things to keep our prices low.(i.e. refusal of Energy Star Label, No Dealers, etc…)

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook