SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising kids?
Thread: Cruising kids?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cruising kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peniki View Post
I love what I am reading here. My husband and I have been boat shopping lately, and even though we will be sailing only on freshwater, we intend to work our way up to salt water and living aboard with our toddler. Last year, we went against the 'norm' and set out in our 40 y.o. VW Van http://gypsyvinrose.wordpress.com; living in Peniki for two months while out there in nature and on the road. We traveled from Texas to the Florida Keys and back again. It was the time of our lives and our daughter (being barely a year old) was a happy little camper indeed.

Now, we seek more adventure, but of the sailing kind. And hopefully, this weekend, we will be buying our first boat: a SJ 24 that needs some work, but we embrace the challenge. We have learned to live a very simple, and low cost lifestyle; one that most folks would laugh at I suppose. Still, we keep trying and reaching for our dreams of singing our songs Original Music of Gypsy Vin Rose, and of bringing our daughter up rather far-removed from the mainstream. Learning new things is always the spice of life! We can hardly wait.

I also want to thank everyone for such great advice to those of us who are not so seasoned at sailing and living aboard. But, I draw inspiration from those of you who are living the dream. I ran across a site, and a family who was a true inspiration to me. bumfuzzle | living, sailing, procreating Wow! What a story! A great read, you'll get hooked! : ) I know I am.

Anyway, anymore adive is greatly appreciated. Hopefully, this weekend will be the beginning of a journey we will never forget and will never regret. Safe Passages to all! .V.. and God Bless!
Good to have you here and good luck with it all. Ask questions and keep us posted!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook