SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets see your boat pets
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012
more JOY everywhere!

Jane.Joy is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets see your boat pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmeme View Post
Is it true that when a cat goes swimming in salt water one must rinse them in fresh water so the salt doesn't damage their kidneys? Not sure we are going to take our Siamese with
us.
Isabel's "swim" was in the Chesapeake - we didn't rinse her off but towel-dried her as much as she would let us. Later, Percy took a "swim" in the Sea of Abaco. I locked us both into one of the heads and used a warm soaking-wet washcloth to give him a fresh water "sponge bath" - he was thrilled as you might imagine! - I think I got most of the salt off. I hadn't heard about the potential for kidney damage, but figured all the salt probably wouldn't be good for him, or at least it wouldn't taste very good. (They both spent over an hour grooming after their respective dunkings.)

There's no doubt that bringing the cats has caused us a lot of bother and aggravation (speaking on behalf of ALL crewmembers, feline and human). But for us, it would have been akin to leaving children behind (and I've heard THEY're quite bothersome, as well!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook