SailNet Community - View Single Post - Relocating from Chesapeake to New England
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012

okapi3 is on a distinguished road
Question Relocating from Chesapeake to New England

Hello New England sailors! After 5 years keeping my boat in Solomons, Md I have decided to try a new cruising area and move the boat to New England. i live in Colorado so it's just as easy to fly to Maryland as to, say, Providence, RI, or Boston. I am open for suggestions on what to make my new home port. I will be sailing up in August and will need to leave the boat on a mooring ball for a couple weeks and then return to cruise in September. Then I want to put the boat on the hard until next Spring. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good marina for winter storage, and possibly for a slip the following season? Newport area maybe? Buzzards Bay? Not too expensive (ha ha). Ease of access from an airport is also important. Don't keep your favorite place a secret! I will be a good neighbor Thanks in advance.

Paul
PSC31 #9 "Wayfarer"
Chesapeake

The secret to sailing is good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook