SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello from Virginia (NOVA)!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012

Nindark is on a distinguished road
Hello from Virginia (NOVA)!

Hello Everyone,

I recently took my first lesson/intro to sailing and I am hooked! I will be signing up to take the 101 course some time in the next few weeks. Then, I will probably be renting a boat from the school until I make the leap and buy one!

I usually jump into everything in life head first and so far have never had any regrets! Everything is a learning experience! So, I am even looking towards trying the liveaboard thing. Yeah, I know I am getting ahead of myself but why not!

I am 39, divorced so no one to tie me down to a set “lifestyle”. I relocated back to Virginia a couple of months ago and during the relocation I spent 34 days in a hotel. During that relocation I had 1 suitcase, a garment bag and a backpack. After the first few days the suitcase went into the car and never came back out. Everything I needed fit in the garment bag and backpack. The funny thing was I didn’t miss a single thing that was in transit/storage waiting for my rental dwelling to open up. I think I can unload the rest of my stuff over then next year or two and get ready to try living aboard!

My dream world has me getting the boat ready/stocked on a Thursday afternoon and then heading down the Potomac into Chesapeake Bay for the weekend when I get off work on Friday afternoon. Anchoring away from everything and relaxing under the stars at night listening to music. Then heading back Sunday to wherever I can find to live to get ready for work on Monday. Eventually, I would want to take a few longer trips along the east coast.

It’s all a dream right now! Lots of learning to do and research before I move at making it a reality!

James
aka Nindark
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook