SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just bought ODay 28, a couple of questions
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012

vtsailguy is on a distinguished road
Just bought ODay 28, a couple of questions

Hi all

I bought a 1981 Oday 28 over the winter and took her out for the first time yesterday. A couple of things came up that I wonder if anyone has experience with.

1. The Jib cars for the Jib sheets seem strangely placed. They are very long, with the car rail running from near the back all the way to the front of the cockpit.

The lifelines seem all in the way of where the sheet wants to go. Whether you have the sheet over the top, in between - as you tack, beat and run, the sheets are always pressing against a lifeline or stanchion.

2. The boat has wheel pedestal steering. You can't get to the main sheet with out stepping round the pedestal. I assume there is no way around this? You need to 2 man it or lock the wheel for a moment to adjust trim?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Three mini-pirates scour the Caribbean Seas with stops for ice cream and legos
Latest blog post:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook