SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beginning my voyage plan from Fairhaven, MA to Bucksport, ME for July/August...
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012
Bucksport, Maine or Bust

truckmen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to truckmen Send a message via AIM to truckmen Send a message via Yahoo to truckmen Send a message via Skype™ to truckmen
Beginning my voyage plan from Fairhaven, MA to Bucksport, ME for July/August...

Hello all,

I am getting ready to sail up the Maine coast.

I have this trusty little charting program called Coastal Explorer 2011 by the company Rose Point as a basis for my voyage plan to sail my old Tylercraft T-26 from Fairhaven, MA (where my fiancee and I ended up 2 years ago starting out in Babylon, NY) and we would like to coastwise all the way up to a mooring in Bucksport, ME where we live.

I have a few bucks set aside and we intend to get the sailboat all fixed up for the voyage but we are also trying to see if we can do this on the cheap and try to avoid the more expensive marinas while we run up (or "down east") the coast. if the weather is on our side, we'd camp every other night or some such but after that first half of the journey a few years ago, realize how much we love a hot shower after a day out on the water.
So, any pointers out there?
Anyone have a lead on a nice small little stopover point somewhere along the route?

I haven't gotten too deep into the planning just yet but I believe I'll have a more detaile dpicture after a few minutes of planning each day over the next several weeks.

Thanks for anything you may offer.

Ralph and Alina sailing the 26-foot Tylercraft, S/V Alina Marie

Ralph M Bohm
S/V Alina Marie, a 1972 twin-keel Tylercraft 26
S/V no name yet (a 1960s twin-keel Tylercraft 24)
S/V no name yet (a home-built all-wood 19' centerboard day sailer)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook