SailNet Community - View Single Post - Micro cruisers
Thread: Micro cruisers
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012

Me Tarzan is on a distinguished road
Re: Micro cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Sirens are like the VW van of microcruisers. Not quite as well equipped as a VW Westfalia camper, but able to do the job with some creative packing and packaging. The Siren is pump-out sanitation capable, has an optional boom tent, and IMO has protected more greenhorn sailors sailing at 11/10ths of their abilities than any other 17' boat.
They are good value. $1500 will buy a usable boat on a trailer. $3500 will buy you an exceptional boat on a trailer. You can usually sell your Siren for 100% of the purchase price 2-3 years later- try that with any other cruiser.
You were dead on with that information. I found a Siren with trailer pretty local and so far got the price down to $1500. It is sail ready, but would need A LOT of elbow grease to get it where I would actually enjoy using it. Guess I need to take measurements and see if the trailer will fit in my garage and make a decision. Could be a nice little starter boat for the local lakes with the main intent being to get the wife hooked!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook