SailNet Community - View Single Post - Micro cruisers
Thread: Micro cruisers
View Single Post
post #149 of Old 05-21-2012
Me Tarzan
Re: Micro cruisers

Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Sirens are like the VW van of microcruisers. Not quite as well equipped as a VW Westfalia camper, but able to do the job with some creative packing and packaging. The Siren is pump-out sanitation capable, has an optional boom tent, and IMO has protected more greenhorn sailors sailing at 11/10ths of their abilities than any other 17' boat.
They are good value. $1500 will buy a usable boat on a trailer. $3500 will buy you an exceptional boat on a trailer. You can usually sell your Siren for 100% of the purchase price 2-3 years later- try that with any other cruiser.
You were dead on with that information. I found a Siren with trailer pretty local and so far got the price down to $1500. It is sail ready, but would need A LOT of elbow grease to get it where I would actually enjoy using it. Guess I need to take measurements and see if the trailer will fit in my garage and make a decision. Could be a nice little starter boat for the local lakes with the main intent being to get the wife hooked!
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome