SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine E120 network issues
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012
Bali Hai

mgraham49 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mgraham49
Raymarine E120 network issues

We have a raymarine E120 chartplotter, the raymarine radar, raymarine below decks autopilot, sirius weather input, and a third party AIS transceiver running together. The more people work on them, the worse the problem gets.

Generally,

1. The unit repeatedly gives warnings of "lost heading" or "lost position" or lost Ais, which raymarine indicated could be a voltage problem. Ran the diagnostics, and we are seeing in the mid to high 11s at the unit when you run internal system diagnostics. This is about a volt lower than what is showing on the battery panel. I recognize that this may cause the network to drop out.

2. On a trip in Feb, the unit kept going black and seeming to reset. The tech guy working on it said that raymarine advised him that we had two fluxgate compasses competing, one attached to the E120, and one attached to the autopilot, and that he should cut the wires to the fluxgate attached to the E120. He did, and now the "go to" is not working to move the cursor and tell the unit to steer to the cursor.

3. While the ais is showing targets, the AIS icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen has a red X across it, indicating that it is not working, when it is.

4. When I go to the screen that is to show the GPS sats being received, and their strength, it is completely blank, and doesn't show any sats.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is going on? I don't mind hiring a tech, but so far they just keep breaking other things.

Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook