SailNet Community - View Single Post - Additives ( a discussion)
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Additives ( a discussion)

Has anyone EVER seen, felt, or proven that an additive has worked as advertised?
Such as;

Diesel Fuel Additives by STP® | Diesel Fuel Injector Treatment

Please do include biocides, cetane boosters and synthetic oils in your discussion.

My only experience was watching a family member use stp (the thick stuff) to slow down the leaky seal and the engine did smoke less. (in the 60s this was)

I used Starbrite Diesel additive and found out how bad the fuel system was on my boat about 3 yrs ago. Since then, she has a new tank, pump, and lines. and lots of spare elements for the primary racor 220 with R-24T (10 microns) element, and Nappa gold for the secondary, The engine is a universal 5416 (Z751 kubota)

Looking forward to interesting discussion!

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook