SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew needed from Cape Town to Brazil
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012

whedlesky is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew needed from Cape Town to Brazil

Hey there,

My boyfriend (34, German) and myself (25, American) are experienced sailors looking for passage out of South Afriac in December.

We have several years of experience sailing and living on boats, both as paid professional crew on "tall ships" (large, traditionally-rigged vessels) and as volunteer crew on smaller sailing yachts. We are accustomed to spending long periods of time at sea, since we recently crossed the Pacific, and will cross the Indian Ocean in September. Additionally, we have experience with maintenance on both wooden and fiberglass vessels. We are good cooks and tidy shipmates.

We are hard-working, safety-oriented crew who respect both boat and captain. We are always eager to learn from more experienced sailors. We are also fun, good-natured world travelers, eager to meet new people and enjoy a great trip in pleasant company. We don't smoke and do not get seasick. I will bring my ukulele, and my boyfriend will bring his incredible collection of good and not-so-good jokes.

Our ultimate destination is Europe. We're hoping either to find a boat straight there from SA, or to cross over to Brasil/Caribbean, and then cross back. What do you think our prospects will be for finding another boat/s heading to Europe if we crossed with you?

If you haven't found anyone yet, and you're interested, get in touch:

email: independebubble at hotmail dot com. You can also check out our blog: crossingtheline2011.blogspot.com. We are happy to provide references upon request.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook