View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: share with me, your words of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymckay View Post
sorry all messed up..THIS MESSAGE FIRSTT***

thanks dong ill start doin that.. im afraid my ole force 5 is gonna call it quits soon she creaks a lot.

but key west sounds amazing.. however i would need a higher payin job than bussin tables to help start savin.. my job holds contests annually and i was on the winning team to go to the bahamas in june. im stoked!! but after that i plan on\/
Well the Columbia is here, Needs tlc. it was completely restored 10 years ago, the hull was coated with west system, custom cabinet work by previous owner who was a master carpenter. I re-reigged with sta-lok top and bottom. needs a new turnbuckle on the headstay. needs sails. and a good bottom scraping. A good first boat project. It's anchored off christmas tree island. I've had the boat off shore a couple of times in big, full moon, Straits of Florida , east at 20, seas and it handled them like a champ. It has an out board engine well, wich is nice. Lot's of cooking jobs down here, none of them pay what you are probably worth. All the money is in the front of the house. I made no less than $300 a day barbacking and as much as $700 in one night. That was at the most crowded 10 bar, club in town and the shift's were 14 hours. Waiters, bartenders are walking with well over a 100 a shift and cook's are getting 8 bucks an hour with a set sched. Most of the cooks are mexican and work long hours for cheap. even in the 5 star places. Now's a good time to get a job, lot's of snowbirds heading back north. The right bus boy job turns into waiter or shucker real quick. Live on the hook for free and the only bills you'll have are the ones you create.