SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dock and Dines?
Thread: Dock and Dines?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Dock and Dines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITBeta View Post
Looks like they have a dock:

boathouse restaurant - Google Maps

That's the frustrating thing about finding dock 'n dines: even restaurants that have docks don't publicize it anywhere.

I found this place in Greenwich Cove last night:

Harbourside Lobstermania

They have slips for customers.
In the satellite photo, it looks like the Boathouse has a single pier, when the chart seems to show something more significant. I wonder if they remove an outer dock in the winter and that's when the sat photo was taken. If not, it seems to get shallow very quickly along that pier. I'm going to have to think about finding a place to anchor if that outer dock isn't present.

There are several restaurants on the water in Greenwich Cove. Some are much better than Lobstermania, but I can't recall names. We usually anchor at Goddard State Park, just outside the cover and dinghy in. We like the Grille on Main, if you walk up to Main St. Its not too far. There is also a great Italian place up there, whose name escapes me. There is a town dock at the farthest southern end of Greenwich Cove where you can stay free for an hour or two. Unfortunately, it is furthest from the action too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook