SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Halberg Rassy 412: First images

The boat does not look as modern as the 372 and that transom that looked badly designed to me, is really badly designed.

The 372 has the same problem but not so visible. Strangely the 412 looks more massif on the transom and on the last 1/3 of the boat. It’s odd because a longer hull should contribute to make it a slimmer boat and that is not the case. Take a look, first the 412 then the 372:

I am not talking about the hull that seems to be modern and efficient. The boat uses high tech sails and it looks to sail well. It seems that HR continues its progression towards faster and better sailing boats.

Looking from forward the boat looks just great:

But the guy at the wheel looks like it is in the bath room, you know doing what.

The wheel is pulled back on the cockpit to provide a big space forward and that would not be a problem if the cockpit was open, but like it is the space for the wheelsman is too small:

The profile is typically Halberg-rassy, no ugly but a bit like if they wanted a aft cockpit boat to look like a center cockpit boat.

I guess the inconditional traditional fans will be satisfied and the ones that hoped for a more modern boat a bit disapointed. Even so it is a good looking boat except when you look it from the back.

Last edited by PCP; 05-22-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook