SailNet Community - View Single Post - Final Dinghy Choice - does this make sense?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Final Dinghy Choice - does this make sense?

I cruised for two years with a dug out canoe and a paddle I made with a machette. I cruised all ove C.A. with an old wind surf board and a kayak paddle I made out of a plastic trash can lid and a closet pole. I've cruised with a hard bottom inflatable and 15 horse engine. I built a plywood dinghy in Venezuala when some French dude stole my Fancy hard bottom. I swam in and out when I had nothing. You'll alway's find a way and there is alway's a better way. I've eaten caviar with royalty and dumpster dived with hippies in Mexico. I want the best working, fastest skiff/ dinghy that will carry Grandma, the kids and a dog just as much as the next guy, but, engines break. deflatables deflate, my arms get sore from rowing. The wind is alway's against ya, there's water in the sh#$ty gas you bought in Belize, so on and so fourth. I've never been NOT able to get out to my boat. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 05-22-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook