SailNet Community - View Single Post - Final Dinghy Choice - does this make sense?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Final Dinghy Choice - does this make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamO View Post
Guys,
Thanks for the enormous effort here. We may need to turn this thread into a book "bl%$#y dinghies" or similar......

This really has helped me in a way I had not expected. It has convinced me I should really slow this process down.

This is a complicated and potentially very expensive decision. We are going to keep the boat in a slip for the first year anyway, and only cruising locally (Maine) with the goal of getting more adventurous next year and going cruising long term the year after. So - we are going to start ultra-minimalist low cost and simple, maybe even a second hand rowboat only (we have a life raft as well ).

That way we can work out what we really need, what will fit on the boat and how we are going to handle it before we spend a bunch of money that might be going in the wrong direction.

Spending deferred is always good - more electronics needed?.......
Graham,

It's all good and all in good fun. You didn't actually expect us to all agree, did you?!?? Don't ever take anything on one of the threads here to heart or you will hate the internet. Good luck in your choice. Look forward to seeing you down here.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook