SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Elan 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyalos View Post
Hi Paulo

I have a question regarding solo or crew rigging. Does this actually exist? For instance, i saw azurre, another sexy boat which although it claims to be short handed it has runners which means another 2 crew for gybing.
Hi!

I am not sure I understand your question but I will try to make everything clear:

A good rigging setup for solo sailing is not for sure a good setup for crew racing. The priorities are contradictory. For crew racing you want to have all the guys working on the sails well distributed with space for working. On solo sail you want to have everything near to your hand and near the wheel or tiler.

If the question is that some brands like Archambault, JPK or Pogo can put in your boat a rigging for solo or crew racing the answer is yes. They have plenty boats that are raced solo (on the transquadra) and have helped sailors to develop systems and rigging adapted to that and have the knowledge.

Some has that knowledge from the beginning: JPK was a solo racer.

On a Salona 35 I am sure you can improve the standard rigging for solo the difference is that for them you have to say what you want because they have experience with crew racing and cruising sailors but no experience with solo racers.

To give you an example, on Archambault they developed for solo racing a thing they call the satellite. The boat was a tiller and the satellite is on the center of the boat near your feet. All lines are brought there.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook