SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu.B View Post
Hi,

very interesting what you writes about the Comet 41 s Sottovoce. The ship was also offered me. Now, I was told that COMAR had solved the problem. The entire hull was wet, or only the anchor box area? The seller told me that it was only on the anchor chain locker. What do you think of this.
The world is small

No, the problem started on the anchor locker and it was by that place that the water entered on the core.

That was the entry place. Obviously the water was on the hull and not only on that place. They are selling the boat cheaply and if the boat is in fact repaired could be a good deal, however I know little about how to repair a boat with water on the core.

Ask on this forum. There are some boat builders and shipyard workers and lots of experienced people around.

If I was you I would talk or ask a Pericia to Luca Marziale. He works for Commar but also independently as a Perito Navale. His link to Comar puts him on a dubious position however I have a very good impression about him. He is very competent and I would say honest too.

I asked him a Pericia on Sottovoce and it was him that detected that the boat had an humid hull. Off course I also had done my homework and understood what he was saying to me and what that data mean regarding the hull.

Ask them exactly how the hull and the core was repaired ask for independent opinions regarding the effectiveness of that reparation and measure hull humidity.

It is a pity. Sottovoce with exception of that is in great condition and it is a beautiful boat.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 05-24-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook