SailNet Community - View Single Post - Clearing into Trinidad (Chagauramas)
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012

wolfy is on a distinguished road
Clearing into Trinidad (Chagauramas)

Just wanted folks to know that when Clearing in at Chagauramas with a Weapon on board....make sure you count the EXACT rounds of ammo that you're surrendering with the Firearm.
I had just arrived after single handling my 72ft Frers from Samana, DR running a diagonal course from SW tip of PR direct to Trinidad, that German Pilot..... 'Auto' failed on me, so, needless to say I was a little tired from the trip...and miss counted the Rounds I had for the 9mm!!!, I had forgotten to count the rounds in the Clip and add it to the rounds in the Box!!!
In my hurry to get to Custom / Immigration I made a huge boo boo, I was 9 rounds over what I had declared on the form.
The Customs guy's collected me from Peakes at first light and kept me occupied all day writing out apology letters and sitting there swealtering? in they're cute little office...I eventually was allowed to leave at 1900hrs due to another couple coming in to clear with ONE bullet over what was declared.....thank you nice couple!!!
Nothing Major...but a huge inconvenience...
BTW...did not have any trouble coming into Trini, I timed it for a night approach and ran dark with no Nav lights, Nav Lights came on when I saw Hibiscus Platform.
Safe travels......Common Sense is not so Common
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook