SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Seafarer 24

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  shipley 
#1 ·
Would anyone have any general input or opinion on a 1974 Seafarer 24? I know that is kind of a generic question but there seems to be plenty of insight here. I''ve looked around but can''t seem to find any solid info on these boats. I''d be interested in your thoughts. Thanks for any advice!

#2 ·
my father inlaw had one in the early 80''s. we sailed the hell out of it, running up and down the Jersey shore. he did have trouble with the centerboard and had it replaced, but aside from that no problems and a fun boat. he sailed it to FL mainly going through the ICW but also did a lot of coastal cruising enroute. a light boat that I wouldn''t loose sight of shore from, but a great general purpose day sailer. I think they were built in RI or New York.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.