SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Liveaboard in Key West?

56K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  MikeSartin 
#1 ·
Thinking of retiring. Want to live aboard my Pearson 303 in Key West. Any ideas? Thanks!

#38 ·
Here is as good a place as any to memorialize my life getting into Garrison Bight. I was crewing for a skipper who was, possibly, a little too much of a serious sailor. The J-24 drew 6 feet and we had to stay in the old WWII submarine channel. We tacked back and forth for what seemed like 4 hours because we could not pull the outboard out except in case of emergency. "Emergency" was defined as acute appendicitis or a lack of fresh water. The sun went down, the breeze shifted about four degrees and we sailed the boat back into her slip. ¶ It is not the spot for a pure sailboat, but this was so long ago that a slip cost $30.00 per month for Key West residents!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.