SailNet Community - View Single Post - Running Lines To The Cockpit....need some advice and ideas?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012

knuterikt is on a distinguished road
Re: Running Lines To The Cockpit....need some advice and ideas?

More pics from my setup, this is partly made by me and partly by the PO.

Pics taken last autumn to document lead of all the lines - before taking the mast down for some upgrades.
Inherited this setup from the PO - replaced the mast base blocks this spring (no pics

Some of the blocks at the mast base are from the boat was new - others have been added later. The green rope to the left in the pic is the main sheet

Organizers stacked in two hights with eyes on the top (originaly only one hight - added by PO)
The rope in the middle/top is tack line for the asymetric.
The other two is just for testing the lead of the furling lines for the asymetric / code 0 (chose another lead for this)

Lead under the traveler track and traveller setup. Traveller new last year.
Note the lead to get the adjustment on the cabin top (Old setup had a cleat at track end)

Cabintop with winch and raised winch feeder.
This is my "design" replaced two winches (one was useless with dodger up) and an asortment of old clutches and jammers.

When doing changes like this it's important to test placement and lead thoroughly. I tested lots of different configurations before deciding on this.

Tip: Take pictures to document your different layouts - easier to go back and compare before you decide

The block under the winch feeder is there to get a good angle on the line going to the winch. extends on the outboard side to prevent line from falling down.
Decided not to use this solution for the furling line (bad lead)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook