SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production blue water boats
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006

JakeLevi is on a distinguished road
MUCH to think about here guys, Jeff yours is going to deserve reading several times at least, Cam you're right, I've seen a couple I thought the builder had watched too many Star Treks.

My plans would probably break down to 60-75% coastal, and the rest crossing the pond, probably once a year to VI or Bahamas/Azores. Going to the Med is plausible, seem to have family scattered all around it. But mostly Israel. I can see going across then coming back when the winds shift. But for the most part living entirely on the boat, and crusing wherever I am at.

As I study boats available I am already weeding out the ones with low tankage, and under 30-40hp, tells me the builders wernt aiming for off shore cruising while boats with healthy tankage tell me they may well offer other good traits. At the moment I have a couple 35s bookmarked and up to 40'. I hope in a couple months to be able to start looking at them.

One thing I have seen so far in only two boats is grab rails, either to the side or overhead. Seems like a major omission to me. Gradually what I am looking for is shaping up.

Much thanks to all of you for helping me along, its appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook