SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production blue water boats
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 10-27-2006 Thread Starter
MUCH to think about here guys, Jeff yours is going to deserve reading several times at least, Cam you're right, I've seen a couple I thought the builder had watched too many Star Treks.

My plans would probably break down to 60-75% coastal, and the rest crossing the pond, probably once a year to VI or Bahamas/Azores. Going to the Med is plausible, seem to have family scattered all around it. But mostly Israel. I can see going across then coming back when the winds shift. But for the most part living entirely on the boat, and crusing wherever I am at.

As I study boats available I am already weeding out the ones with low tankage, and under 30-40hp, tells me the builders wernt aiming for off shore cruising while boats with healthy tankage tell me they may well offer other good traits. At the moment I have a couple 35s bookmarked and up to 40'. I hope in a couple months to be able to start looking at them.

One thing I have seen so far in only two boats is grab rails, either to the side or overhead. Seems like a major omission to me. Gradually what I am looking for is shaping up.

Much thanks to all of you for helping me along, its appreciated.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome