SailNet Community - View Single Post - epoxy barrier coat sun exposure how long is too long?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: epoxy barrier coat sun exposure how long is too long?

A tarp skirt around the bottom of a boat can be a problem for an extended period. You should not attach them to the stands and, depending on whether you can stake them in the ground, they may not withstand a good storm.

I would not worry about a blister drying out properly if left exposed for a year.

My plan A would be to grind whatever you need to fix and have her soda blasted next year. They will tent her in to do that job and can probably do so earlier than you could stand getting under there for a couple of weeks. They only need a couple of days.

If this is all you have to do, I would actually sail her this season and do this all next year, including professional stripping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook