SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mast (Climbing)- No Halyards
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Mast (Climbing)- No Halyards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Sailor View Post

Mike sell your boat. You have no business being on the water with ideas like this. Trust me, I've been teaching sailing part time for over 40 years. People with clueless ideas like this are a danger to themselves and others. Get and RV and be safe.

For any real sailors out there. Try using a couple pieces of thin strong line and make loops and attach them to a thick rope halyard with prussic knots. It works but is a bit slow. I've done it. Ascenders might be better but at a higher cost. A mast mate works, although I've never used one. None of this works without a halyard and of course a second one for a safety.
Night...... How do you feel about someone who quotes an 18 month old post and repeats advice given already?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook