SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Bitchin Books
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 10-28-2006
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV
I enjoyed them! Fun, funny, poignant, and sometimes even downright inspirational...

However, in the spirit of full disclosure I have to say that Bob is a friend and business partner of mine. Before I met him four years ago, though, I had only read Latitudes & Attitudes magazine sporadically. I, like most everyone else, started out with subscriptions to Sail and Cruising World and slowly came around to appreciating the spirit and soul of Lats & Atts. What most people don't realize is other than a few monthly columns (Tania Aebi is going to take a break, BTW), the entire magazine is basically written by its readers. The stories may not be as "professional", and there are the famous typos in every issue, but there is a refreshing first person sincerity and passion that comes through.

Of all the people I have met in my life, he is definitely an individual, and one of the few people who actually lives by the slogan he so often uses: "Don't dream your life, live your dream".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome