SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Bitchin Books
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
I enjoyed them! Fun, funny, poignant, and sometimes even downright inspirational...

However, in the spirit of full disclosure I have to say that Bob is a friend and business partner of mine. Before I met him four years ago, though, I had only read Latitudes & Attitudes magazine sporadically. I, like most everyone else, started out with subscriptions to Sail and Cruising World and slowly came around to appreciating the spirit and soul of Lats & Atts. What most people don't realize is other than a few monthly columns (Tania Aebi is going to take a break, BTW), the entire magazine is basically written by its readers. The stories may not be as "professional", and there are the famous typos in every issue, but there is a refreshing first person sincerity and passion that comes through.

Of all the people I have met in my life, he is definitely an individual, and one of the few people who actually lives by the slogan he so often uses: "Don't dream your life, live your dream".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook