SailNet Community - View Single Post - Atomic 4 cutting out in forward.
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 05-31-2012 Thread Starter
Re: Atomic 4 cutting out in forward.

Thank you all for the prompt replies and suggestions. Yes, I was experiencing the cutting out under load prior to replacing the carb. and new fuel filter/separator. I went at it again today by reinstalling the old fuel pump & bypassing the main fuel tank & primary filter by hooking up to my portable fuel tank for my outboard. The engine ran great under load for 30 minutes so I shut it down and hooked back up to the main fuel tank, bypassing the primary filter & instead, going through a clear plastic inline filter so I could observe the fuel flowing. The engine ran fine under load for a little over one minute and cut out. I tried this several times with the same result. I went back to running off the portable tank but now it only runs for less than a minute before cutting out even though I can see fuel flowing through the filter.
I managed to contact a mechanic who used to service A4's and he has agreed to drop by over the weekend to check things out and do a compression test among other things. Thank you all and I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome