SailNet Community - View Single Post - Atomic 4 cutting out in forward.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012

pmt200 is on a distinguished road
Re: Atomic 4 cutting out in forward.

Thank you all for the prompt replies and suggestions. Yes, I was experiencing the cutting out under load prior to replacing the carb. and new fuel filter/separator. I went at it again today by reinstalling the old fuel pump & bypassing the main fuel tank & primary filter by hooking up to my portable fuel tank for my outboard. The engine ran great under load for 30 minutes so I shut it down and hooked back up to the main fuel tank, bypassing the primary filter & instead, going through a clear plastic inline filter so I could observe the fuel flowing. The engine ran fine under load for a little over one minute and cut out. I tried this several times with the same result. I went back to running off the portable tank but now it only runs for less than a minute before cutting out even though I can see fuel flowing through the filter.
I managed to contact a mechanic who used to service A4's and he has agreed to drop by over the weekend to check things out and do a compression test among other things. Thank you all and I'll let you know how it goes.

P MC T
Caledonia
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook