SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've never sailed in my life... talk me into it.
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: I've never sailed in my life... talk me into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
Donna, you have the "man gene". You're far too logical at times.
Geeze, that threw me into a "boat fluff" moment. I think on some level I should be offended but I'm really not.

Quote:
There's nothing "reasonable" about owning a boat, especially a sailboat. It's a bad financial decision, even in the best economy. It's a drain on your time and wallet. It's a purely emotional decision, and an arcane skill with little value in landbound, modern society.
Oh, and I'm a buzzkill?

Quote:
What sailing does give you, is empowerment, self-confidence, a sense of pride in learning a skill that relatively few people will do anymore. It calms the mind, it soothes the soul. It washes away the stress and mental dirt of shorebound life.
Wait, you just said there's little value to sailing. Can't have it both ways, champ. I'd say all that is VERY valuable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook