SailNet Community - View Single Post - share with me, your words of wisdom
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012

jaymckay is on a distinguished road
Re: share with me, your words of wisdom

thanks guys
i started my second job and 14 hr work days suckkk.. but its all for the good hope.
i agree with the knowledge of tools and the insurance. knowing florida is high rate for that ill spend more time contemplating it.

waterwks4me. sounds like the kinda person i am.. i will be cruising in that area and it will probably be on low cost budget.. as for now ill work my feet off till i get enough $ to obtain a nice older boat.. i practice as much as i can in my dinghy , setting points of travel to see if i get there.
i do.
still dont know what type of boat would be good for me.. im thinkin shallow draft or swing keel with plenty of headroom are main concerns.. along with hull quality.. dont want a blistered, cracked hull. i dont mind working on electricity or plumbing and while the whole haul out thing is necessary, its skeptical in purchasing a boat... wouldnt want it to be a waste of money.. should i hire a legit survey for my purchase or just research what to look for in an old boat.. like read don caseys this old boat ?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook