SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Bavaria Vision 46

The first real boat test is available on line. It is from Yacht magazine and you have to pay 2€ for it but if you are really interested in a boat this and size and type I believe it will be money well spent. Their tests are quite good. For the little the say about the boat test one line I would say that my suspicion that this boat is different from the other Bavarias is confirmed.

They say:

A Cruising yacht with wow factor

No longer just cheap. Bavaria wants with the vision 46 to satisfy more demanding owners.

I will post some images of that test but I will try to post the ones that seem more relevant to me in what regards that difference, besides being a good looking boat and probably a good sailing boat.

We can see that contrary to what happens to some other boats the space for the Welshman is substantial, that the pods are not central and that they incorporate strong holding bars. It has a huge and neat space for storage and also a neat running rigging. We had also saw previously that the boat had a large galley and a big head.

This boat would be a very good boat for living aboard and if the sail performance is as good as I think it is it will be a slightly different approach regarding other mass production boat builders. The one that it will came close it will be the Jeanneau but this one seems more pointed to a more intensive use compared with the Jeanneau.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook