SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've never sailed in my life... talk me into it.
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: I've never sailed in my life... talk me into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark. (Except for the yelling)

I've gotten a few new arrivals to this forum into sailing by crewing for me. They seem to like it well enough.

Don't get me wrong, I love cruising too. It's one reason why I'm not winning more races- I can't seem to strip enough cruising crap off of my boat to lighten it up. I like using my fresh water system, my shore power system, my stove, my stereo, etc...
No offense intended. I have good friends who like to race. My 1965 Soverel 28' 9" ( origanally a y'all) racer cruiser has been in many. Just not with me on it. I was just suggesting that, all though one can learn the finer points of trim while racing, the general mood and dynamic aboard racing sail boats is,... well..., kind of sucky. I don't know that it would be a good intro. to the sailing world.
And why the navy blue fleece vest any way'? You know it's race week in K.W. when there is 1000 dudes in kahki shorts, navy blue fleece vest, and Ted Copple hair cuts walking around the docks.